Do you want to add a navigation menu to your Anzili site?
Anzili comes with a drag and drop menu interface that you can use to create header menus, menus with dropdown options, and more.
In this step-by-step guide, we will show you how to easily add a navigation menu in Anzili.
What is a Navigation Menu?
A navigation menu is a list of a links pointing to important areas of a website. They are usually presented as a horizontal bar of links at the top of every page on a website.
Creating A Custom Navigation Menu
- Visit the Tools » Menus page in your Anzili admin dashboard.
- Choose the pages you want to add to the menu. You can either automatically add all new top-level pages (this are your main site pages), or you can select specific pages from the left column.
- First, click the ‘View All’ tab to see all your site’s pages. After that click the box next to each of the pages you want to add to your menu, and then click on the ‘Add to Menu’ button.
- Once your pages have been added, you can move them around by dragging and dropping them.
- Note: All menus have their items listed in a vertical (top to bottom) list in the menu editor. When you put the menu live on your site, it’ll either display vertically or horizontally (left to right), depending on the location you select.
After adding pages to the menu, select the location where you want to display the menu and click on the ‘Save Menu’ button.
Creating Drop-Down Menus in Anzili
- Drop-down menus are navigation menus with parent and child menu items. When you place your cursor over a parent item, all the child menu items will appear beneath it in a sub-menu.
- To create a sub menu, drag an item below the parent item, and then drag it slightly to the right. We’ve done that with 3 sub-items beneath ‘home’ in our menu: